Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am so close, I can taste it!

As a reader of the Tarot, I often notice that for a while, a particular card will appear in reading after reading. What does this mean?

Well, it could mean that I am in the process of manifesting that situation, but it hasn’t arrived yet. It could be a habitual or perpetual emotional or mental state I am finding myself in these days. It could be that I need to learn something and I haven’t quite gotten it yet. Or, it could be an indication of the ‘psychic weather’ and thus be a dominant vibration for all to learn from.

Of course, it could be all of these things.

In any event, when I notice a card coming up frequently in a short period of time, I pay attention. I listen for more information and typically find myself understanding the card along with some aspect of my life more clearly than before.

So, what’s in the psychic weather these days?

The 5 of Pentacles.

In the traditional Rider-Waite version of this card, we see two impoverished souls standing out in the cold: homeless, hopeless, handicapped. This is the card of financial hardship, loss, infirmity.

But what if this card shows up and you are healthy and financially stable? What does it mean then?

A number of months ago I asked this question of a spiritual teacher of mine and she said,

"The five of pentacles can also be an indication of that feeling like when you're on the outside looking in."

Ah, this really resonated with me. So I sat this with this for a few months and let the new information hover in the back of my mind.

Then, last week, I was doing a reading for a woman and the 5 of pentacles showed up in her reading. I found myself describing it this way,

"It is like standing in front of a store window looking at everything you want just out of reach on the other side of the glass. You are saying to yourself, 'Everything I want is right here, but I can't have it.'"

We've all been there. It is when "it’s so close you can taste it". But what is that taste? Bittersweet? Or just plain sour? When what we want is something we've lived a lifetime without, it can be quite painful to witness it right in front of us but still out of reach. I have found myself thinking, "Why are you punishing me by showing me what I can't have and parading it right in front of my face?"

I have asked for this experience, but I want to have it myself, not just sit back and watch another having it. Yet I am entranced and cannot turn away from it.

This situation is what Abraham means when they talk about traveling from Phoenix to San Diego and turning around when in Yuma, the halfway point. When things start showing up this way, you are halfway! You are in Yuma en route to beautiful San Diego; you're just not there yet!

So, in that reading, after describing to the Querent how to think about that card, I heard guidance from spirit. Clear as a bell they said,

"Stop the mantra half way through. Keep saying to yourself, 'Everything I want is right here,' then stop."

That's it! That's the answer. Everything I want is right here! Yes, I don't yet have it, but so what! If I can create it, live and in person, right before my eyes, then I can create it for myself! The fact that I am witnessing this event and seeing another person having the experience I desire means that I am on the verge of manifesting it for myself. If my vibration were not close, I wouldn’t even see it!

So I am in Yuma and yeah, if you've been in Yuma, it is not exactly the prettiest place, but it is a lot closer to San Diego than Phoenix. No, the Pacific breezes are not yet apparent. No, I haven't yet traveled through the beautiful, rocky hills of Imperial County. But I am en route and if I maintain 65 miles per hour, I can make it there in 2 1/2 hours!

So, next time you see what you REALLY want and it is just out of reach, keep saying, 'What I want is right here,' then stop.

“Everything I want is right here!”

“Everything I want is right here!”

“Everything I want is so close I can taste it!”

“It’s only a matter of time...”

Actually, it is only a matter of vibration really. Feel the joy of the experience even though you are not the one having it just yet. Feel how good it will feel and that will push you right into the experience yourself, and in no time!

Fives are not meant to be experienced for a long time. They are meant to pull us out of a rut and place us on a new path – that’s all. Think of it like airport security, once you get past it, your new journey is ready to begin! And oh what places we will see!

No comments: